Saturday, April 30, 2011

Advice

This video was posted on Eric Whitacre's blog a couple of days ago. It's advice for aspiring storytellers, but as Whitacre said, just replace storytelling with whatever it is that you are interested in and it still makes sense.






One thing he suggests is to have personal deadlines. As I believe I've mentioned before, I don't get a thing done without a deadline.

So I'm going to make a commitment. I want to complete and post a minimum of 3 compositions per month. Does that sound decent?

After all, you can't get better at something if you don't do it in the first place!

1 comment:

  1. That's a great idea! And I'd look forward to hearing them, too. :)

    ~Jamie Joyce

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I like it. I'll try my best to reply to your comments, but I can't promise anything.