Thursday, February 24, 2011

You Mean That White Stuff Is What Closed School Today?

This is what I woke up to this morning:



What a shocker! We must have had an entire inch of snow!!!

I know that anyone who lives somewhere more accustomed to snow is probably laughing hysterically at our antics here in the valley.

Believe me, I'm well aware. Laugh all you want-We got the day off.

You mean to say that this harmless white powder is what closed school?

 Indeed. That is precisely what I mean.


So we decided to head down to the middle school just outside our neighborhood to go sledding.










Hah! You should have heard her yelling!


After sledding we ate lunch and I crocheted this:


(I found the pattern here)


And this:




I was messing around last weekend and discovered that I could make a simple flower in about 10 minutes. I have a feeling I'll be making more of these in the future.

This is how I made it (so I don't forget)
Chain 2

In the first chain, do 6 sc, then turn

2sc in each sc, turn

2sc in the first sc, 1sc in the next, all the way around

1 sl.st and 1 hdc in the first sc, 1dc, 1trc, 1dc in the second, 1 hdc in the third, all the way around

Finish off.


Yep, it's that easy!


Then it began to snow again, but it didn't really stick. It was pretty though...

Big, beautiful flakes...



I'll probably have school tomorrow. Even though it's supposed to get pretty cold there's nothing left to freeze.

Oh well...


Stay tuned and stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I like it. I'll try my best to reply to your comments, but I can't promise anything.