Saturday, November 6, 2010

My Views on Christmas Music

Halloween was under a week ago and already the Christmas season appears to be starting.

In fact, the other day my good friend Rebekah dressed in a green and white shirt, a red sweater, a gold and a silver necklace (for tinsel) and... Thanksgiving turkey socks.

Yeah. She's a bit excited.


I thought she was crazy, which she was, but I didn't worry too much about it.

Then she was asking for Christmas music in class. That's where I draw the line.

So when my mom and I were at the mall today and I heard Christmas music playing already (goodness, people seem awfully eager this year) I wondered why we don't play Thanksgiving music.

Why don't we? Because nobody composes it! And who wants to listen to Over the River and Through the Woods over and over and over?


And so, because I am the composer...


My musical self said (out loud, apparently) "I'm going to compose a ten minute symphony called Thanksgiving music, and why we should play it instead."


My mom laughed pretty hard. I did too.


So there you have it. Expect something brilliant to happen within the next 19 days or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I like it. I'll try my best to reply to your comments, but I can't promise anything.