Saturday, March 26, 2011

I've Been Tagged!

The Director tagged me... Again.

Let's see what I must do this time...

"List 10 artists you love, in no particular order {before looking at the questions below}."

All right, sounds simple enough.

  1. Matt Maher
  2. James Newton Howard
  3. Lecrae
  4. The Afters
  5. Third Day
  6. Kristian Stanfill
  7. Chris Tomlin
  8. Hans Zimmer
  9. Jeremy Camp
  10. MercyMe 

Then I...

Answer some questions. Looks pretty harmless, right?




What was the first song you ever heard by 6? 

Day After Day (I love that song! If you haven't heard it, go listen to it! Now!) 


What is your favorite song of 8?

Drink Up Me Hearties Yo Ho!


What kind of impact has 1 left on your life?  

His lyrics are so meaningful, they really make one think. I hope that counts as an impact.


What is your favorite lyric of 5s? 

Ooh, this is a hard one! Probably the first verse of Born Again:

Today I found myself
After searching all these years
And the man that I saw, he wasn’t at all who I thought he’d be
I was lost when you found me here
And I was broken beyond repair
Then you came along and you sang your song over me 



How many times have you seen 4 live?

Once (earlier this month, in fact). It was epic! Especially Light Up the Sky!  


What is your favorite song of 7? 

Umm... I can't decide between I Will Follow and I Will Rise. They're both really cool and for different reasons. I Will Follow is just downright catchy, but I Will Rise is just downright beautiful. I think I'll go with the latter for now. But I also really like Our God is Greater. (Oh, why did I have to put Chris Tomlin for #7?)


Is there any song of 3 that makes you sad? 

Umm... Not really, except Just Like You is pretty heavy, but I wouldn't say it's sad...


What is your favorite song by 9?

This Man! That's a no brainer (but only because of the story behind it... *glares at The Director*


How did you first get into 2? 

The Director, of course! I don't remember how exactly. Ah, yes! I had heard of him before, but it wasn't until this last summer when I heard the score for Treasure Planet that I really started listening to Howard's work. He's brilliant and I have learned so much just from listening.


How did you first get into 3?

It's all The Director's fault again! 


What is your favorite song by 4? 

*Scrolls back up for the zillionth time to see what 4 is* Ah. Light Up the Sky, of course!



How many times have you seen 9 live? 


None... But how I would love to!


What is a good memory concerning 10? 

(Oh great.) Umm... Well... It's a long story, but it has to do with Speech class and the school library... *headdesk* (Why number 10, why?)


Is there a song by 8 that makes you sad? 

Let's see... Nope, not really.


What is your fave song of 1's? 

That's one of the toughest questions I've ever been asked. Can I just throw a few out there? Christ is Risen is one of my favorites to listen to before bed, but I have a sweet association with Hold Us Together, but No Greater Love is just so catchy... But so is Your Grace is Enough, and As It Is In Heaven has a cool piano part. Did that answer the question? (And if you haven't heard any of these songs, go do that!)


How did you become a fan of 10?

Well, I knew about them and thought they were catchy and all, but I really became what one would describe as a "fan" during or after the happening in Speech class.



Great. That was all of the questions, it looks like. Now for the tagging part:

I tag...


Rebekah at Sidetracked Studies (Yes, dear. This means it's finally time to wipe away all those cobwebs gathering on your blog)

Jamie Joyce at Through Two Blue Eyes (Cuz I can!)

 

2 comments:

  1. LOL, thanks! I've never been tagged before....personally. What I have done when I blog-hop is copy the tags I like, save them in a Word Perfect document, and erase the other person's answers to place my own! Odd, huh? I hope that's legal... lol. It's actually lots of fun. I haven't done this one yet, though! I will definitely do it on my blog...

    ~Jamie Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love!! This was toooooo funny. :P

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I like it. I'll try my best to reply to your comments, but I can't promise anything.