Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Zap!

The school play Zap had its first performance today! I think we did a great job and got many laughs. I found it interesting that the audience laughed at the times when I was least expecting it. Suddenly, things that had never before been funny to me before were all because the audience thought it was. I was rather surprised.


Here I am in full makeup. My character is Mrs. Hardwicke, an older English woman.






Don't. Laugh.


Beautiful, aren't I? This year's wrinkles are a huge improvement from last year's.


It's interesting though... My role in this play is almost identical to the one I had last year.

In both plays I was the only character with Mrs. in my name.
In both plays I had to wear wrinkles.
In both plays one of the lines is "Dead? Is this some sort of joke?"
In both plays there is concern over a bridge being washed out.
In both plays it is stormy.
And finally, in both plays I am strangled to death. Except I wasn't really killed last year.


I guess I'm just really good at this sort of role.

1 comment:

  1. Too funny.

    I'm so sorry- I forgot to ask about it when I saw you... I forgot it was today :P

    Anyway, thanks for the post :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I like it. I'll try my best to reply to your comments, but I can't promise anything.