Sunday, July 17, 2011

This is Not Summer.

I woke up to the sound of steady rain- for the fourth morning in a row. The morning is cool, wet, cloudy, not at all like the summer mornings one would expect this time of year. It's the middle of July, but here, it looks more like April.

Lately, I've been lamenting over the fact that I would really really love to go swimming but the weather doesn't want me to apparently.

But one good thing ("good" thing) about the lack of nice weather is that there's tons of time to read! Yesterday I finally got my hands on a copy of Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo and read it all in one sitting. Now that was one riveting story!

Also, our public library has these things called "book bundles". They're groups of 3 books, all with different themes like "pirates", "horses", etc. and you read the three books in the bundle, fill out a little tag that goes with it and turn in the tag for prize drawings. Well, the other day I actually won a drawing. And I never win drawings.

My prize? 2 coupons for frozen yogurt. That made me very happy. Now if only the weather would warm up a bit so I could use them...

Right now I have this song running through my head. It describes my predicament perfectly.








I wish I was in California...


What about you? You all have been strangely quiet... How's your summer going?

2 comments:

  1. You have made me very happy right now.

    Are you out there when (where?) the rainy days begin to feel rather sad.... *sings away*

    Just be glad I'm not singing Dancing Through Life. :P :P :P

    So, did you enjoy your summer? It ended a week ago XD

    Frozen yogurt for where??

    Oh yeah, you wanna go swimming in my place on Wednesday at 5:30 in the morning? heehee.....

    this was a long comment. oh dear. (OO)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My summer has been miserably hot. To survive we have to stay indoors! LOL. I'd love some good rain. I'd be out in it all day twirling and racing about in the street with my giant umbrella! How our desert badly needs the rain!

    I'm looking forward to this coming weekend, as it's our state's homeschool convention! I'm really excited. Plus, my birthday is this coming Sunday! I can't believe I'm nearly seventeen! It sounds rather old! LOL

    I hope you get some sunshine soon (and we get some rain!)

    Love you,

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I like it. I'll try my best to reply to your comments, but I can't promise anything.