Monday, July 18, 2011

What If Your Blessings Come Through Raindrops?

(This post was originally titled "So Much For Escaping the Weather" but was changed after I had a sudden realization. Just thought you might like to know.)

So after writing yesterday's post about our miserable weather, my parents and I decided that we just couldn't take it anymore so we packed up and headed to my grandparents' home. You see, they live in a part of the state that is notably drier than where I live. It seemed like a brilliant plan at the time.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm happy to be out of the house, it's just that it doesn't seem to matter where I go because it's still raining. But at least when I look longingly out of the rain-spattered window, I see a change of scenery. That's nice.

We did actually get out a bit earlier today despite the light drizzle. We visited a couple of nearby waterfalls and walked around. We had a good time, even with the rain.





(I'm testing out some watermarks. What are your thoughts?)


I realized something though: It's weather like this that makes my home such a lovely place to live. Without all of the rain we get, there wouldn't be so much beautiful green.

I also recall seeing a fire danger meter on our way. The fire danger was "low" because of the rain.

You've got to love the rain. It drives us crazy sometimes, but after a good downpour, everything is so fresh and clean. It smells wonderful, it feels light and refreshing, and I think to myself, that wasn't so bad.

It got me thinking: The Lord sends us rain whether we like it or not. We'll complain, we'll beg Him to make it stop, we'll try to escape it, but He knows that we are like plants; without water, we can't grow. He sends those downpours our way in order to help us grow and make us stronger.

Isn't that thought reassuring? It was for me.

And, of course, being the music nerd that I am, two songs popped into my head:









So as much as I would love to see some sunshine, I know that I am truly blessed to live in a place where it is frequently raining. It's summer, and a bit of rain can't change that. I'm going to make the most of it.

2 comments:

  1. That's my EFC! *hugs muchly*

    Thanks for a sweet and encouraging post! (I guess we better "Taaake it, be thankful! hahahahha)

    Love you! (And about the watermarks- I would go w/ the bigger but in a corner, but that's me.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLOLOL I love how you said 'rain follows me'! It reminded me of Eyeore LOL

    Very good post, too! I'd love to come visit your state some time!

    ~Jamie Joyce

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I like it. I'll try my best to reply to your comments, but I can't promise anything.